A Wonderful Place to Work!
We're passionate about providing exceptional service to the communities we're a part of. If you share that passion, consider joining our team! You'll enjoy a wonderful place to work with great perks and benefits.
See our current job opportunities below — then apply online, in person, or send us your resume.
We Are an Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
First State Bank is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. Click hereto view the Equal Employment Opportunity Poster and the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Poster. Click hereto view in other languages. If you’d like to view a copy of the company’s affirmative action plan or policy statement, please email HumanResource@firststatebank.biz. If you have a disability and you believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to submit an online application, please email HumanResource@firststatebank.biz. This email is created to assist disabled job seekers whose disability prevents them from being able to apply online. Only messages left for this purpose will be returned. Messages left for other purposes, such as following up on an application or technical issues not related to a disability, will not receive a response.
Opportunity to Identify Race/Ethnicity/Gender/Disability/Veterans Status
Due to federal reporting requirements, FIRST STATE BANK is required to give all employees and applicants the opportunity to identify race/ethnicity, gender, protected veterans and/or disability statuses.
FIRST STATE BANK is committed to the provision of equal opportunity employment for all qualified persons in all job classifications in recruitment, selection and promotion without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, military status, veteran status or any other protected status. Submission of this information is voluntary and is not considered in employment decisions. This information will be kept separate from the employment files, and is considered confidential.
Voluntary self-Identification of disability Invitation to Self-Identify
Refer to the links above to complete the Voluntary Self-Identification of Disability form and the Invitation to Self-Identify form. Once completed, click the Apply Now button below.
Email your resume:
DEBORAH ROGERS or to Melissa Doll
Fax your resume:
Mail your resume:
First State Bank
706 Washington St.
Mendota, IL 61342
- Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
- Personal Accident Insurance
- Long Term Disability
- Paid Vacation
- Paid Sick
- Paid Personal Days
- Paid Holidays
- 401K/Profit Sharing Plan
- Wellness Program
Current Open Positions
Part-Time Teller, Rochelle
FIRST STATE BANK’S Rochelle branch has an opening for a Part-Time Teller.
This is a responsible position requiring initiative and knowledge of services available to customers.
Teller duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Receives cash and checks for deposit, verifies amounts, and looks for check endorsements. Examines cash carefully to guard against acceptance of counterfeit bills
- Cashes checks for customers after verifying identification and checking account balances in accordance with bank policy
- Enter transactions into the Fiserv teller product and issue customer receipts.
- Redeem Savings bonds
- Process credit card cash advances
- Count cash balance at beginning of shift and balances cash and checks against computer records at end of shift
- Prepare bank cashier’s checks
- Explain bank services and charges to customers
- Observe suspicious behavior and reports any such activity to head teller and/or security personnel as appropriate. In the event of a robbery, remains calm and follows bank procedures to safeguard customers and staff
- Balance ATM and coin machines
- Willing to learn bank policies, procedures and general banking practices
- Requires a mature, professional person with an outgoing personality, and the ability to conduct themselves with tact, courtesy, and have a genuine desire to serve others
- Possess the necessary judgment that is required to assess, interpret and meet the needs of customers
- Represent and promote the bank and its various banking products
- Requires multi-tasking while paying attention to detail and accuracy
- A thorough knowledge of forms and proper use of them in processing the various transactions is essential (training will be provided)
This position is a non-exempt, part-time, hourly position. Hours will be dependent on the needs of the branch, 15 to 25 hours per week, including Saturdays as scheduled. May be required to fill in for vacation, sick and other times as needed.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
FIRST STATE BANK needs an ambitious candidate who will, as an eSupport Specialist, be responsible for assisting First State Bank customers in all aspects of online banking. The qualified candidate will work Monday through Friday, and every 3rd Saturday in the eSupport department.
The job description below outlines the duties and responsibilities required to fulfill this position.
This position requires strong communication skills and experience with web browsers, smartphones, and tablets. Knowledge with First State Bank’s online banking products would be a plus. Troubleshooting will occur via phone, email, and chat support.
- Online Banking password, security questions, and one-time passcode assistance
- Daily online banking enrollment callbacks
- Daily online banking reports
- Assist customers in troubleshooting online bill payment problems
- Troubleshoot Treasury Management issues
- Troubleshoot FSBDirect issues
- Assist customers with FSBCards questions
- Activate customers debit card in Apple/Samsung Pay
- Assist customers with Telephone Banking issues
- Assist customers in troubleshooting Mobile App issues
- Troubleshoot Zelle issues
- Assist customers with Online Payment Portal questions
- Direct Online Banking Secure Emails to appropriate departments
- Excellent Customer Service skills.
- Demonstrated communication skills, particularly phone skills and email/writing skills
- Personal Computing skills and experience with a strong background in Windows 7, Windows 10, Microsoft Office (primarily MS Word and MS Excel), and the five main web browsers (Internet Explorer, Edge, FireFox, Chrome, and Safari). Mac experience would be a plus.
- Previous banking experience
- Knowledge of online banking products or experience as a user of various online banking products.
- Experience with smartphone and tablet computers (Android, iOS, Google, or Windows
Position location is flexible based on branch location.
Non-Exempt, Hourly Position
This position is not a remote position, nor does it have the option of being a hybrid position.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
Insurance Producer/Agent, Mendota
Job Title: Insurance Producer/Agent
Department: First State Insurance
Reports to: VP - Operations
Work Location: Mendota Office – 715 Washington Street
First State Insurance is responsible for providing the best service possible to its customers and staff while adhering to agency, regulatory policies and guidelines. This position involves the sales and service of insurance policies, handling customer service calls, and any related document retention via modern communications.
- Provide complete and comprehensive service to insurance customers and staff.
- Process applications, endorsements and claims to insurance policies.
- Work with farmers and agricultural based customers to maintain/update information in the Company based insurance sites, as necessary.
- Monitor and review insurance policies, including renewals.
- Review insurance policies for adequate coverage amounts, mortgagee clause and deductibles in accordance with standard practices. Resolve any discrepancies with customers or companies as necessary.
- Monitor insurance coverage for all Real Estate secured loans by renewals and cancellations.
- Contact customers, and/or companies as necessary to ensure correct and adequate information and documentation on file.
- Work with management system to update and maintain policy records.
- Assist in all activities in the department and other duties and/or special projects as assigned by management.
- Obtain or Possess State of Illinois Casualty & Fire Insurance license within 3 months of employment date.
- Agricultural background and/or agricultural experience a huge plus, with particular emphasis on corn and soybean production.
- Proficient (or capability to be proficient) in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word and Outlook).
- Possess excellent communication (written and verbal) and customer service skills.
- Must be able to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Detail oriented with excellent organizational, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Proven ability to work both independently and as a team member.
- Ability to learn on their own and make sound decisions based upon department, insurance policies, procedures, knowledge and experience.
This is a non-exempt, salary position.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled